As the adult in the room, defining the problem is vital to your success! That's what Diagnosis is all about. Once you define the problem SG can help you get what you want: a resolution.
Collaborative and always featuring you!
- A shared exploration of your current situation.
- Clear and precise communication and collaboration, leading to a continuous state of mutual understanding.
- You take ownership and are more likely to act.
Diagnosis progresses from:
- Job responsibility - always starts by asking you for an observation
- Indicator - the evidence of the problem. It explains what’s happening.
- Consequence - the problem’s impact and severity. It explains what and who is being affected, and how bad the condition/problem is.
- Cause - the origin of the problem. It explains why it is happening.
- Priority - the problem’s position relative to other issues in the your organization. It explains whether and when the condition/problem is worth resolving from your perspective.
The Diagnose phase resolves to either an un-actionable state or an actionable state.
When the Diagnose phase resolves to an actionable state, the stakeholders have made 4 decisions, you have decided:
- That the physical evidence of a problem is compelling enough to quantify its impact;
- On the financial impact upon your current situation;
- That the financial impact is unacceptable, and
- To pursue a solution capable of addressing the impact.